With Holiday festivities well underway, quick make-up routines that can help us transition from day-to-night easily are a necessity.
While I’m normally someone that would opt for a smokey eye on most occasions, around the holidays I always find myself craving a beautiful bold lip instead. While some many shy away from a crimson hue on their lips, adding a pop of colour into your makeup routine will not only polish off your look, but will require less application on your eyes, making your beauty routine mere minutes before you are ready to dash out the door to your next event.
If you aren’t having your make-up applied for you, here are 5 perfect holiday red lipsticks that we recommend:
- Yves Saint Laurent’s Rouge Volupte #17 (picture above). The perfect poinsettia red.
- MAC Cosmetics Lady Danger. This shade is a yellow-based red and great for those with a warmer undertone.
- MAC Cosmetics Ruby Woo. This is a classic red lipstick with a blue base. Great for those with cool skin tones.
- Nars Dragon Girl. This true red is a favourite for many. Taylor Swift has been quoted numerous times saying it’s her favourite.
- Lime Crime Retrofuturist. This vegan, sheen red lipstick will have your pout looking full and on point for the holidays.
If you’re unfamiliar with how to apply bold colours to your lips, check out our tips on how to perfect your pout.