With September quickly approaching and cool mornings taking place more frequently, I’ve found myself craving autumn’s crimson colours and clothing. Due to the fact that the days are still fairly warm, but not hot, it can be challenging to piece together outfits that suit our climate while also making us look good.
- A denim jacket: this looks beautiful over most summer dresses and tee’s to help add some weight (and warmth) to your look.
- A blazer: blazers immediately elevate and simple item. Take a simple tank and shorts and instantly make it look more chic.
- Booties: swap your sandals and strappy heels for ankle boots. The chunkiness of them will add some dept to your outfit while also keeping you warm.
- Scarves: these pieces are must-haves in any woman’s wardrobe. Add warmth and a hint of layering by tossing a scarf on over your favourite sundress, t-shirt or camisole.
- Tights: one of my favourite ways to get more use out of my summer attire is to add coloured tights to any look. Whether you opt for opaque or sheer, pairing them with your shorts, or dresses will help ground any look and have it autumn ready in your closet.
- White collared blouse: pair a classic blouse under or over some of your summer dresses to add a refined polish.
- Light sweaters: nowadays, it’s easy to locate light-weight sweaters that give that cozy fall appeal without making to sweat in the warm temperatures. Joe Fresh is great for this (I am wearing one in the pictures featured and it was only $15.00.). If you’re naturally warm, try long sleeve shirts instead.
Mixing and matching with the suggestions above will have you move flawlessly into the upcoming season while also having fun creating new outfits for yourself. If you need some extra help, I would love to help.